Podiatrist and Foot & Ankle Surgeon located in Louisville, KY
Dr. Bouwkamp completed his DPM degree from the College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University in Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Bouwkamp completed a 3-year reconstructive foot and ankle residency at the University of Louisville Hospital.
His training emphasized foot and ankle trauma, orthopedics, reconstruction and limb salvage.
Originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dr. Bouwkamp received his Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology from Michigan State University.
Dr. Bouwkamp diligently stays up to date with the most advanced training in all conservative and surgical aspects of foot and ankle conditions. He has particular interest in sports medicine, reconstruction and trauma.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Bouwkamp enjoys fishing, golfing, hiking, camping, and exercising. He also stays active in the community by participating in Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Dr. Bouwkamp is qualified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery in foot surgery and reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery (RRA).
Education and Training
- BS – Human Biology from Michigan State University
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University
- Surgical Residency –University of Louisville
- Foot and Ankle Trauma
- Limb Salvage
- Sports Medicine
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery in foot surgery and reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery (RRA)
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
- U of L Health Medical Center South (Formerly Jewish South)
- U of L Health Medical Center East (Formerly Jewish East)
- U of L Health Medical Center Downtown
- Norton Healthcare Pavilion, Norton Hospital – Main
- Participating with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America